We are looking for a multilingual creative Senior Copywriter to write and edit original content. Your duties include researching and creating original copy and ensuring brand consistency across all platforms. To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate exceptional writing abilities, great attention to detail and strive in a collaborative environment, being dedicated to the quality of the final product. This is an opportunity to grow into your creative role in an ever-changing digital world and to work on some of South Africa’s best brands.
Position: Senior Copywriter
HOD: Anna-Belle Mulder
- In depth knowledge of digital marketing
- Work in a team with the Creative Director to conceptualise work and build campaigns and concepts
- Translate briefs and strategic requirements into compelling creative solutions
- Providing engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Conducting thorough research to formulate ideas or support writing for different target audiences.
- Assisting in other aspects of the creative or research processes to create cohesive, accurate content.
- Setting and implementing social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Edit and fact-check junior team members content
- Acting as a support for junior team members
- Be a strong lead in brainstorm sessions
- Lead the craft and design of an idea
- Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content
- Write original copy for ads and social networks
- Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
- Use SEO practices to optimise articles and increase visibility
- Liaise with Designers to enrich text with visual aids, like images and charts
- Shape language and tone used in all content across the agency
- Proven working experience as a Senior Copywriter
- Must have previous agency experience with at least 5 years’ experience
- Able to speak two or more South African languages
- An ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. scripts) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts)
- In-depth knowledge of writing copy for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Demonstratable copywriting skills with a strong portfolio
- In-depth Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques
- Incorporate feedback and take and give direction well
- Effective team management capabilities
- 3 year Degree or relevant Diploma
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Solid time-management skills
If you do not have a portfolio you will not be considered for this position.