Company: Platform 5
HOD: Chris Lendrum
Full time, On site
This is a newly created role focused on supporting the commercial needs of Platform 5.
The position reports to the Managing Director.
Candidate must have minimum 5 years’ experience in digital and/or media agencies.
- Manage complete financial process for the organisation including Chase system
- Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information within the company
- Drive improvements in gathering and delivery of management information
- Providing detailed client analysis and reporting to support key decision making
- Identifying risks and opportunities with respect to client servicing, pricing and profitability
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as required, and present findings and recommendations
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payable, account receivables, expenses, etc.
- Prepare due diligence packages for all new clients (direct and intercompany) including securing appropriate credit insurance.
- Liaise with shared Accounts Payable group to manage timely vendor payments and invoice processing.
- Running of bi-monthly timesheet reports.
- Assist with SOX compliance requests.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for compilation and finalization of monthly revenue.
- Review of monthly billing reports
- Prepare and distribute monthly accrual/deferral entries.
- Preparation of monthly commentaries
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
- Conduct the sign off of all Supplier Payments
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Preparation of all statutory requirements: VAT, PAYE, SDL and UIF
- Managing monthly books
- Internal audits and forecasts
- Planning of external year-end audits
- Preparation and issue of IRP5 documentation
- Co-ordination of Black Empowerment Equity Files
- At least 5 years in a similar role at an ad agency or media services company
- Practical experience in process development and implementation
- Advanced user of Chase Software, MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- High energy, hands on, practical, hard worker.
- High initiative, self-starter, able to deal with ambiguity, high standards.
- Detail-oriented, goal-line oriented, process-oriented.
- Grounded, approachable, able to interact at all levels of an organisation (global, local, regional, business unit, client, etc.).
- Enthusiastic, “can do” attitude and collaborative work-style.
- Takes decisions and exercises own judgement well
- Ability to work on multiple projects to tight timescales
- Ability to challenge and question
- Works with high level of authority on complex issues, seeking appropriate support where necessary.